So using memrise all month…no breaks…every day has been interesting. The app on the phone is useless and I wish they would take feedback I see in their forums seriously. They want you to pay for this product which I would do no problem but they doing the opposite and I see so many users in their forum wishing another company would come in and replace them.
I wake up at approximately 4:30 am everyday now. Even on my days off I tend to wake up still around 5 am. Before I leave for work I make sure to hit the streaks of each of the memrise courses I’m going through including the main one for Talk to me in korean. Since I’m in deep now I have hundreds of ‘reps’ as I call them for the memrise courses. It’s not uncommon to see 60-70 waiting for me for the TTMIK memrise course alone. I do not want any excuses though so I spend at least an hour in the morning doing them before I leave for work.
It doesn’t stop there. There’s alot more rep’s waiting for me when I get home and I’ll do them at various times before I go to bed. I also do the ‘make sure it shows 0 rep’s beofore you go to sleep’ thing.
- I could come up with some other alternatives to do ‘reps’ since I don’t like their phone app but basically I just do them on my main computer at home.
- One person created TTMIK memrise course so there are mistakes and some wishes I had for the courses in memrise. He should get a medal for doing all this work which he said took 2 years !!!!!!
- If there was a easy way to add a meme for when the question showed alot of problems could be solved that I have encountered. Things like mistakes or places where you might have to make sure ‘우리’ is in your answer otherwise you get it wrong would be so helpful!!! Object marks are needed in some answers but not others, sometimes you should be using a specific verb form but you use a different one, sometimes you have to put it in the format the author of the course created it and other answers you have the flexibility of not putting ‘저는’ to start your answer off when your going to refer to yourself.
- Oh how it would be great TTMIK crew worked with this gentleman that created the memrise course or created another one.
- I find SRS training extremely helpful in getting the knowledge to go deeper and deeper into your brain. It’s a lot of work though going through a course like this because when you don’t get the ‘answer’ just right sometimes …it’s wrong so that means you get it again much sooner and those items start to pile up waiting for you.
I made it through one whole month so here’s to Sept and another month of memrise reps. Just in terms of making me do ‘something’ everyday with korean though it’s been great. I’m addicted to all the orange checks on the courses and the streaks that I have kept going all month.
I even added a picture from a korean movie I like to my profile on memrise. Whatever you can do to keep the studying going …..keep it up!